Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday the Thirteenth of September Diary, headed to Ventura

0745
 more packing, check laundry
...197, 20-B, pills
fill pill case
computer banking
0930 Merry, up
10:00 out to Enterprise
1040, me home...
1100 M home with rental, H. Elantra
packing....
1230 on the road 36694
1320 stop in WLA for a rest room
later while rolling along, text from PBS showed that M's 2nd ex-hub/father of her children ... got married to his long time nasty gf today...
1455 arrive Ventura 36774
Check in to Motel 6
 then
Tour
Drove by the house on Halifax that I lived in 10th grade
then the house I lived in on Drexel, 11th grade
then the route I rode my bike on, during 11th grade to school
then the high school I attended
1600 parked on the downtown section of Main street
1610 Dad called...."Where are you?" He  always asks that when he calls, makes sure I'm not behind the wheel, or napping...
"Walking down main street, in downtown Ventura.."
"WHAT are you doing they-er?"
Well. I told his wife, via chat in WWF that we were going to Ventura this weekend, but she did not tell him.... so I explained.
He really called to see what was going on with my doctors. SO I told him, AFTER the appointment on the 25th, I would start being scheduled for radiation treatments.
1615 sat down in Busy Bee Cafe   (FB checkin)
excellent pastrami on rye with coleslaw and potato salad and some of M's onion rings
1715 off to a Von's for ice for our ice chest, but I ...waited too long....  tried to find toilet in a Rite Aid, guard told me ...no public toilet..
so I ran into Von's but started on the South end, and the restroom was on the north end, and by the time I was directed to it... an explosion happened in my shorts.
Then on to motel, and a shower.
In bed, watched college football  ...Washington St Cougars vs Houston Cougars.
Notably, my high school mascot, for Ventura, were the Cougars.
UP to pee a few times
sleep on and off...

No comments:

Post a Comment