Monday, September 26, 2016

Friday Sept 23rd Diary

at work
Started watched TWW  shortly after midnight 
Al came in at 01:00 ... so three of us in the office....
I watched "West Wing"...   J brought a Playstation and was playing various games using the BIG monitor in front of the dispatch stations... Al was doing whatever he usually does, I've never really paid attention when we're together...
I was counting down minutes  til Mike came in so I could leave...
At 04:50 or so, I looked at the board and realized a certain driver had not checked in OR arrived at base for his assigned pick up at 0515 in WeHo.
I called his personal cell and office cell/radio numerous times until he actually called me, and I casually said, "Hey watcha doing?"
And he said, "Trying to call you. The power is off in my building, my phone did not charge, so I did not have an alarm..."
"Ooops.  Come in for a 7 o'clock pickup. Gotta go!"
I hung up, and scrambled.  Two affiliate drivers had cleared early jobs. I called the first one, who was still very close to LAX. Too far away. I called the 2nd, who was at the 405/Santa Monica.  Close enough, I told him where to go, and how to get there.
The damn job needed a toddler seat, which I did not expect this driver would happen to have with him, and I instructed J to grab one and go meet him at the address.  Twice or three times he thought I was kidding. I finally got the message across. "Take toddler seat. Go to that address. NOW."
He went.
He arrived at 5:12, according to his phone call to us, and the affiliate driver ... a minute after that.
All good.
Mike arrived around 5:10.   
J returned to base around 5:30.
I clocked out at 5:38
(Watched TWW during the night  3:17 --22)
Went straight from office to Winco, for a bag of dry cat food, then home...6:41.
MDM   pot roast n chips.
Watched TRMS-Thursday.
Awake  10:30 ...13:00..18:00 up for pill.
Merry asked if I would go to the store for buns to go with the pulled pork.  
I said, "No."
I got up and sat in the LR chair a bit, then moved to BR1 and went back to sleep til 2300.
I got up  for pulled pork   n cheese n chips
and watched "Geeking Out" from last week.  
And back to sleep, still in BR1.


No comments:

Post a Comment