Thursday, September 8, 2016

Tuesday Sept 6 Diary

at work
Quiet enough
Watched House 8:19-22, which finished all episodes of House.
Started on The West Wing 1: 1-2-3.
Out 6:12
Home 7:02.
Fed animals.
Waited on Bullfrog, who arrived 0730
Left with him 7:45.
Abysmally bad traffic on westbound Del Amo.
Finally arrived at the Torr CHP office.
Parking lot jammed.  
I was about to double park, and leave Bull in the car, while I went in, then somebody in the space that I was double parked in front of starting pulling out..problem solved.
We went in, and presented our case.
He explained that he was pulled over on some freeway, Saturday night... he was taken to jail, the car was impounded.... when he got home Sunday morning, he called the tow yard, was told, we'd have to get a CHP release before we could get the vehicle... which is why we waited til today.....
A couple officers looked...and looked...   and finally told us, "Well,  there's no release from us necessary on this." 
Great....
Off to the tow yard.  Fortunately, there was no 'out of the way' to this.
At the tow yard:
 Bull had called on Sunday, and was told  $143 for the tow,  plus $35 a day for storage for two days, and that's how much cash he brought.
The woman at the window took the registration we brought (with my dad's name) and my i.d.  ...fortunately it was good enough, she did not say anything ...and came back and said, "$353."
What?!
$143 for the tow, and $52.50 a day, for FOUR days.
Bullfrog unsuccessfully argued his case,  and got one day knocked off the storage, total down to $300.50
He put up his two c-notes, and took back his other cash, and I put down a credit card for the other big dollar, along with two quarters for the change.
The car was brought around, and we went out and on to our separate ways.
I arrived home 09:45.  and finished the Red bull I had taken with me to drink on the way
MDM  pastrami + cheese on tortillas and chips.
There was no TRMS on Monday...due to the holiday, so I just ate quickly rather than watch anything.
I tried to go to sleep at 1030, but had trouble, prolly due to the Red Bull...
11;30 or so...
Up 17:30.
Showered dressed   kiss good bye
Car 18:19 ...   work 19:12
In 19:18.

Not a busy night, but busy for me, doing set up for the next day...what with THREE separate events going on for Fox, Fox Searchlight, and FX. 


No comments:

Post a Comment