Friday, September 2, 2016

Sept 1, Thursday Diary

at work
Watched House 8:4
Client, I think, called from LAX at 00:00 looking for her driver on an order that I did not have, nor could I find any record of.   A very annoying 5 minute conversation ensued, mostly involving me saying "I don't have your order" and her saying,"I don't care that you don't have my order, I placed it, and I want my driver..."
It concluded with me, giving her directions to walk across two lanes to get to the cab stand, and her saying, she couldn't find any cabs there...
After that, all was quiet...
so  watched House 8: 4--9.
Morning Dispatcher Sammy came in about 04:30...
Denny came in shortly after 5.   
Out 6:10  home 6:53.
Fed animals.
I unlocked the back gate for the pool guy.
MDM  Chicken thighs, baked last night, and potato chips, and cheesy tortillas.
In BR2 while Merry still slept, watched  TRMS--Wed.
Which led into DummyTrumps immigration policy speech, which is when I gave up on watching it.
7:30 to sleep.
10:30 up to pee, again 13:30 when Merry was too loudly dictating a message into her phone to give to Bullfrog.
Awake 16:30.... up 17:30.
Alka/s ...  toilet ...  showered ...dressed...  packed up....
Kissed Merry good bye.
Car 18:16
  Stopped for 2 e cig filters....
Office 19:24,  in 19:25.
Shaped up to be a quiet night....
As soon as I turned on my table to start watching House, I got phone call from agent, changing four SUVs for one of the two rappers we do work for.... from 5:15 in Miami to 13:15,  then their arrivals into MSY from 8:30 to 16:30.
Not a big deal, other than making the changes to each order, and notifying the corresponding affiliate.
THEN  we had an order at VNY for 00:45 for a sedan, that was cancelled around 23:00.  At 23:45 booker called to reinstate it, AND make it an SUV.
I managed to catch a driver that was just dropping an SUV at base to go out again, and do it.  (Flight didn't actually arrive until 02:something.  As of 0245, the driver has not yet returned to base.)
At 23:55 a driver at LAX reported he had collected his passengers, but the car would not start.
While I panicked about that, I saw on the tracking-GPS that the car was in motion....  
  and when he returned to base, I asked, and he told me, he was only 'stuck' for five minutes or so, as a security guy had come along with cables, and got him going quickly. 
During all this, I managed to watch most of House 8:10.


No comments:

Post a Comment