Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sept 13

All of us up  0545 - 0600.
We partook of the 'free' breakfast there, 0700 to ...
.She drove the first leg.... gassed up the car,  hit MickeyD for coffee, etc, a rediteller for cash, a gas station for candy  ...  etc
0815  officially ON the way.

I sat in back  (my choice) reading the paper, magazines, catching up on notes...
And I felt a sudden swerve.... uggh... and I ....glared at Her,  as if to say,  "Were you paying attention?"
Come to find out later, She took offense to the way I looked at Her, and I really did not know the whole story at the time, that She was swerving to avoid road debris...  so, my bad.

We stopped in Bw to get rid of some, and to take on some more, and I took over driving.

I was on cruise control, between 75 and 85 most of the way.
We arrived at the Marriage License Bureau around 12:45...
I had long ago filled in the application online, and we walked in, 2nd in line in the express.
Within 10 minutes, we were at a window, and 20 minutes later, we were out of there, License in hand.
We walked down to the Chapel, to give them the license, and waited around for our coordinator to meet with us...
She told us, the Garden was down the street a few blocks...
We went to the car, did a drive by,  then went on our way.
She wanted a white shirt for R for the wedding, and She thought She remembered where a mall was.
Well She didn't, or rather, if there was one there, it was gone by the time we got there.
All the lights in LV are so fucking long, this did nothing to improve my mood.
Eventually, we used GPS to find a mall,  and a Mys, and acquired a shirt for him, and a belt that would fit for me.
MickeyD's for coffee, JiB for other snacks,  a $-general store for, I don't know what...   then off to the hotel.
Another tragi-comedy, as I found out, whatever street I turned on does not go into LV Blvd, but OVER it...
Once at the CC,  it took... another inordinate amount of time to figure out where to park just to check in....
And a long check in line....
Fortunately, they DID have our reservation...I had been preparing myself for it to be lost or something...
Then another sequence of nonsense while I tried to figure out where the entrance to the building was....
Solved by Her, asking a security guard.
Finally in our rooms, 1715 or so
We settled in for some kinda naps.
Dad called, around 1800, saying that they had arrived, just waiting on their shuttle to hotel...  I would give them time to settle in, change, then come get them to go to dinner.

I think it was 20:00 ish  when we did that,  with J in the car with me, and I drove there, and the first meeting between my parents and Her.

Back to our hotel,  grabbed R, and went into the main hotel for the Buffet.

After dinner, we drove 'em back to their hotel,  returned, and went to sleep.

Cigarette  0
DSLO  58 1/4
14 hrs til TW




No comments:

Post a Comment