Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monday October 17 Diary

6:15  woken by Stitch, who said it was raining.
Which meant, I needed to drive him to work.
UP.... dressed...  
Car 6:26 Dropped him 6:55 and home 7:17
Fed the animals..
Back to sleep.
Up 11:30.
Merry did not know I had left until I mentioned it to here when I woke up again.
Snack: potato chips.
Trying to sleep 1330 to 1430   and up
Dressed   in car 14:46
MISERABLE traffic on Del Amo heading west.
Long time turning left from 223rd onto Normandie.
Arrived his workplace 1535. He came out 5 minutes later.
Decided to forgo Del Amo and take 223rd east towards home.
Came to a dead stop somewhere between Lucerne and Wilmington.
Waited and waited..
Watched a bunch of cars giving up, and making u turns to go the other way.
I did so, and in so doing, I could see the train in the distance, stopped on the tracks, keeping traffic stopped.
I had other options but I was annoyed, enough so that I drove back to Figueroa, turned right, and soon got on the 110 North,  then  the 91 east.... 710 S and off at LBB and home  16:22
Sat in easy chair to snooze for about an hour...
Then Adam called. Or Merry called Adam, and then brought the phone in to me.
I talked to him until 17:00.  
So up
prepped my drinks   fed cats 
TLT,   Showered dressed...   contact lenses IN
Took first two bags to car...
Kissed Merry good bye.
To car about 18:00 but sat listening to radio until pulling away  at 18;13.
Every night  This station has a "Name the year" contest, where they mention 4 events (tv shows, movies, top record) and you call into a number to state the year, and if you're first, you win.
This was one case I would've or might have won. I mean I knew the answer.  (What year was the first year of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' on t.v.?)  But the prize was tickets to Roger Waters (doing Pink Floyd) at Staples, later this year.  So, if I won, I could not/would not go.  AH well.
At work 19:11. 
Such a slow/quiet night, I checked the calendar to see if it was another Jewish holiday (no it wasn't).  
Started Filter #1.
Started on  "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."  Began EP 1.
It lasted one season, 22 eps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment