Friday, October 28, 2016

Thursday Oct 27th Diary

at work
Quiet...notable in that the trainee with Al took off on another 45 minute lunch (on his 5 hour shift)...
Watched  TWW 7:5--11.
At 5:50, a VERY reliable driver called in saying "my alarm didn't go off"  (bullpucky... alarms don't decide to not go off. He didn't set it, or he set it for p.m. or he slept through it) so he wasn't going to get to base in time to get an car and get to Rosemead by 7:20.
That was an easy fix.  Had another driver sitting around waiting for 8:15. So I sent that one, and gave the over sleeper the 8:15 job.
By 06:00, Samuel, the morning dispatcher ..and I, came to the conclusion that the guy who had a 6:30 pick up downtown was NOT waking up, as both of his known cell numbers were going to voice mail. So we decided to send a driver with a 7:00 job in Westchester, to the 6:30. Sent a driver who had a 7:30 in Malibu to the 7:00,  and sent a driver who had something much later to the 7:30.   
Later, Samuel sent me a text, saying that the MIA driver woke up and called in at 6:55.
Out 6:24  and home  7:10
Fed animals
Unlocked back gate for pool guy
MDM   chicken-n-bean soup, and quesadillas
Contacts out
Watched TRMS Wednesday until falling asleep 1/3 of the way through
Up 10:30
UP 14:00, and Merry told me, she got a text from mortgage guy, saying he would call around 17:00
I couldn't get to sleep after that.
Well, I know I did because of weird dreams... one that involved being on the 110 freeway, and it coming to an end at the top of some dirt hill, with no path to get down.   I got out to walk and look around, returned to look for the car, which I couldn't find, then my dad came along and started to help me look, and he looked inside one of the parked cars on the freeway, and said, "Oh it's a bomb, and I hear it ticking..."
Another dream was at the office of MusicEx...   with a coffee kiosk as you walk in, then to the left was a huge combo reservations/dispatch center.   
Awake 17:18  Alarm off 17:20, and up
Fed cats
Tlt
Showered and dressed  and contacts In.
Prepped
Kissed Merry goodbye
To car...
Rolling 18:03, and at office 19:18.
I had told Denny, that if THIS Thursday was anything like LAST Thursday, which was a sh*tstorm because of the amount of work to get covered, due to the idiocy and incompetency of the lead dispatcher who works Thurs--Sunday, I would turn around and walk out.
I entered, and before logging in, I looked over "Thing 1's" shoulder, and saw that every job for the night was either tagged on a driver or dispatched out. 
Serenity prevails.
I checked our accounts online.... update my diaries....
Watched TWW 7:12, 13. 




No comments:

Post a Comment