Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Monday March 5th Diary

UP to poop many times
Middle of night, watched "Danny Collins"  0200 to 0400

645 up to poop  (last time for ..now)
Fed Donna
Showered n dressed
Merry got up 
Coffee for me, tea for her
Car 845
Arrive Dr Niko  915
Blood pressure  110/74
Got a scrip from her for a CPAP
Home 1030
Merry went to the bedroom.
I made popcorn and started making phone calls to fill the scrip.
Number 1: did not accept my insurance for this, gave me a suggestion.
Number 2: did not accept my insurance  (Medical only, currently for them), gave me a suggestion
Number 3:  Did not accept my insurance, suggested I call member services on the back of  my card.
I went into bedroom, spoke to Merry, who in turned called our primary GPs office,  who said, they would look into it.

Back in living room, finished my popcorn, some Cheetos, some mixed nuts, 
watched CBM 7;3, and 7.
Bed 1300
Up to pee every 60 to 90 minutes.
UP 1740   
Stomach or gut starting to cramp
Dressed, packed, kissed Sunshine goodbye
Car 1825  office 1926 (great time)
In 1930 
 Stomach cramps, clocked in   went to the toilet.
2030 Found that I did bring Alka Seltzer
2315  More alka selzer  more potty time

**Reason to quit this job   #  ?
 Regarding a driver named "Manny".
Denny and I were under the impression that "Manny" had a company car at home with him. A NEW car, just acquired a few days ago, in time for the event yesterday.  This driver was supposed to come and leave this car at base and switch to some different car ( as this car was not yet legal to make LAX pickups, and as such not very useful to Dispatch).  
 9 pm: the driver called sick, flu symptoms, unable to work on Tuesday.
I said, "Okay feel better" and hung up
Denny said, "He has to bring the car in."
This driver leaves as far from the office as I do; 35 miles, more or less.  I saw no reason to drag this driver out, having flu symptoms, to return a car to base that we weren't going to use.
Denny called Manny to tell him to bring the car to base.
Manny said, I dropped the car at base on Monday morning.
Well, oh. 
I still mentally objected to the order to have Manny bring the car to base, but I did not say anything.
I'm just going to stew about it, and add it to "my list".

**Reason to quit this job--
Tay is on our schedule for Tues pm.
When he finished on Monday pm, we (Denny and I) sent him first job for Tuesday.
He called in, "I'm not working on Tuesday.  Didn't <the chauffeur manager> tell you?"
No, he didn't, something that seems to happen two of the four times a week that I'm here, and who knows how many times on the days n nights I'm NOT here?

Out 23:58




3 comments:

  1. Reason to stay #1 Medical insurance, while not perfect, at least takes care of your medical needs.

    Reason to stay #2 Most jobs in the area only pay HALF of what you currently make.

    Reason to stay #3 The older you get, the more difficult it is to find a job that will help you provide for the Household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not leave my current job voluntarily until your conditions 1-2-3 are satisfied. I am compiling a list for an outgoing interview for when and if I do part ways with current employer.

      Delete
    2. Couldn't think of the term when I wrote this ... but the outgoing interview is called an "exit interview".

      Delete