Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Tuesday March 6 Diary

OTC 0028 to 0557
Home 701
Fed animals
MDM baked chicken n lunchables.
Watched "Scorpion"

bed 0845
Up 1200? 1400?
  Had a chat with Merry about spanking coupons.
Sitting up 17:15
 Composed an email to Merry re "coupon rules"
Showered... Made a bet with myself that Merry would come into the bathroom while I showered.
She did.
Dressed
Packed.
Asked her to set up online account for credit card that arrived in Stitch's name.
Kissed her goodbye.

Day 6 locked up.
Car 18:07   Office 19:21
IN 19:28 


At 9 pm, a chauffeur I've known a long time ... we call him "Uncle..."  who recently left my company to go to another company (F-T) because he said he was guaranteed minimum 10 hour work days, called and asked if I would be interested in working there.
I asked him, if this was his idea, or did it come from higher up.
He said, there is an opening there, and mentioned a couple names there that suggested he call me.
One name was David, the current GM.
Now, David was GM at Ridewell, to whom I applied back in 2010 when I had just left Summit and had no job lined up yet, and I was turned down.  I still hold a grudge about that.
Furthermore, the location of F-T is seven miles further from my house than my current employer.   Erk!
So, I told Uncle, they'd have to pay me about double of my current pay for me to become interested.

*Reason to quit this job:
 No cooperation. When I left on Tuesday morning, I told the a.m. dispatcher, "Jo is coming in to pick up a car, so have him sign his time sheet," and I left the time sheet on his desk. 
He said, "Copy that" and went back to whatever he was watching on Netflix.
I came to work Tuesday night; the time sheet was not signed.

Management:
 There's a general manager and a dispatcher manager. Neither one is capable of stepping into dispatch and doing this job, at all.  Neither one has shown any ability to utilize our dispatch program.

Commute:
  35 miles each way, thus 280 miles each week.
  2.5 hours total commute each working day. 
  I leave the house at 6, return home at 7. I'm on the clock 10 hours and a 1/2 hour so called lunch. So, 2.5 hours spent driving to work, then home.  

out 23:58 


No comments:

Post a Comment