Friday, December 9, 2016

Thursday Dec 8th, Diary

at work
 On my overnights  Mon --Thursday,  "Josh" comes in from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.   
It used to be Al, but he got 'promoted' to a day shift, and works M-F starting at 6 a.m.
Notably,  working that shift, he frequently arrives at the office just after, or at the same time, as the guy who is supposed to be here at 5 a.m.
Watched 30Rock 2:2--14
About to leave, and spent more time talking to Sam than I really planned on.  
Out 6:05
Gas on the way home on SMB at a 76, and used the $25 I had available on a credit card.
Home 7:07
Fed animals.
Changed clothes...
MDM  turkey n mustard on warmed tortillas
Watched TRMS - Wed.
8:00 sleep
11:00 up to pee
14:00 up to pee, get a bit of ice cream
16:40 UP.   Merry was up already,  and had picked out clothes.
After a TL for me, she got in the shower, and I assisted, then helped her get out and dry.
She started to dress, with some help from Stitch, while I showered...n dressed.
And prepped.
Both of us, car 17:34
Heading for Downey via a route suggested by G-maps;  710 N to 105 E  exit Downey and straight up just past Firestone, then left on 3rd.
On the 105, I missed the Downey offramp.  Went on to Lakewood...and off, north to Firestone, left, to Downey right.
Dropped her off,  helped her to the door, kissed her goodbye.
Headed out a few blocks west to Paramount, and north, intending to get on the 5 North.
I arrived quickly at the on ramp, and taken by surprise, I got on the 5 South.
And got of at the next off ramp, Lakewood...  turned left into the right lane, then a right turn onto the 5 North.
And still at work  19:18.
Frank was/is on vacation for the week (for him, that started this night). 
J-1 was leaving as I arrived.  J-2 was with me til 23:30.
Enough work that I needed to pay attention.
No video watching, but I did research possibly upcoming  Christmas Eve services.
Also found a Foursquare Church,  maybe 2 miles from my house.
When I lived in Eagle Rock, I frequently attended a Foursquare Church, with my wife-at-the-time.
No mention of service times there on their website, so I sent an email asking for information.
The CSL in Long Beach has a service on the 23rd;  the CSL in Redondo has one on the 24th. 
Or the Christmas Caroling truck runs in Toluca Lake on the 24th from 1600 to 2200, and that might be fun and an opportunity to meet up with my buddy Gerry.



No comments:

Post a Comment