Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 15th, Tuesday, Diary

52 days, My accident
32 day, Her accident

(23:50) TNR 2: 7  00:46
00:47  TNR  2: 8  01:32
01:34 TNR  2:9  2:31
02:32  TNR  3: 1  3:32
3:35  TNR   3: 2   4:30
4:31  TNR  3: 3   5:30
5:31  TNR  3: 4   6:27
Merry arrived for me, 0638
Out 6:41
6:45  in car with Her
Listened to the news all the way home, regarding LA schools being closed for the day due to a 'credible threat'.
07:36  home.
Fed the cats and the dog...
Cleaned up some of the backyard,  where DonnaDawg seemed to have been having a party, all by herself.
MDM  meatloaf n tortillas.
In BR1, with Merry, watched "Major Crimes".
0900 to sleep.
13:00 up to pee.
Merry got up at some point to go get Babyman in HB and bring him to the house.
Up 16:10 to pee.
Alarm 17:00; hit snooze twice, up at 17:20
Dressed and prepped...
Merry had dropped Babyman and left again, just to fill up with gas.
In car with  Merry and Babyman,  17:59
At work 19:02.

The guy I was relieving told me that the company owner had yanked three chauffeurs off the rides we had planned to go hang out at a party at a hotel, our only hotel account, just to see if anybody needed rides home.  So they/we had to farm the rides those three would have done.
Another guy got his passenger in the car, and passenger decided to go to Staple's for the game, before going to his hotel.
SO we had to farm the next ride we had planned for him.
Another guy was on an arrival for 19:00 for a quick ride to Man Beach, then was tagged for a next at 20:30.
The stupid flight landed at 19:00, but did not pull into the gate until 20:20.  We had to farm the next ride he was tagged on.
Meanwhile, Rez agents are bombarding me:  "Can I add a new SUV order at 0600.... a new SUV order at 0620...  a new sedan at 0915...."
THEN some p.m. chauffeur claimed he had a 'request' at 09:15.
I had no idea if the client was really requesting him, or if the chauffeur was requesting himself on the ride, but the ride in question is 12 minutes and 5.5 miles, according to Google Maps, so what was the big fuckin' deal, anyway?
'We' covered the morning ride, and told this chauffeur, HT, no. 
We needed HT to cover a night ride; it was an SUV ride from LAX at 22:00, and HT was one of very few chauffeurs in SUV this night.
So, he called, the chauffeur manager, TS, crying "Boo hoo hoo the mean dispatchers won't let me drive my request boo hoo hoo."
I'm guessing that's how the conversation went, I did not actually get to hear it.
So TS called us in dispatch.  My associate took the call, probably a good thing, as I might have blew up directly at him.
And TS told my associate...to uncover the morning ride, give it to HT to do, and let HT take the car home.
Well, I've had quite enough of managers making it difficult for us dispatchers to do our job. 
I decided on the spot, that's it.
I called Merry on the office phone, and told her, loud enough for my associate to hear me, "I'm quitting this job. Come and get me."
Then I sent a quick text to my supervisor, DB,  writing, "I just quit and walked out, KW is alone".
I grabbed my bags, and walked out.  KW looked at me, with his mouth open, and eyes bugging out.
I was outside, at the end of the driveway, waiting for Merry, knowing that it would take 45 min. more or less IF she left the house as soon as I called.... and DB called me.
Well, he talked me 'off the ledge' so to speak.
After fifteen minutes, I said, "Okay, I gotta call my wife and tell her to NOT come and get me."
I called Merry, and She said She was half way to the office, and wanted to keep coming.  Well, okay...
Then the day dispatcher, MS, called me, saying, "What the hell...?"
I don't know called him...but I said, "It's over, I'm going back in, we'll talk in the morning.

So back to work.
She arrived; we talked privately in the car for a bit.
Then She came into the office, and we had nice three way conversation with Her and KW and me.
She left for home about 23:15, and KW left about 23:30.
....................


No comments:

Post a Comment