Friday, November 25, 2016

Thursday Nov 24 Diary

at work
My overnight rez agent came in at 0100... and we were ...doing nothing, as expected.
He gets a call, just about 03:00, and a 2nd phone rings in at the same time so I took it.
Turned out to be .... a woman who I had to deal with, back in September, who was sent a sedan when she ordered a Viano, for luggage, and she was such a b*tch that I wanted to cuss her out, and walk out on this job....   this time she had just arrived into Miami Airport,  and saying, this driver she had was telling her, he gets "paid to drive, not help with bags."
Wow.
I called the dispatcher for the driver's company... who could not get the driver on the phone....   got back with this client who said, she didn't want to talk anymore about it 'right now' but would call when the trip was done.
There's something to look forward to.
I told my associate that HE is taking the call, if she calls, that I am simply ... not here anymore.  
Meanwhile the thing from last night in Abu Dhabi blew up, after the booker, BT read my email,  and woke up our Head of Client Services at 05:00 who then called me, and ORDERED me to call our Head of Out of Town Affiliates and get her to either influence the local affiliate or  find another affiliate there in time to cover this ride which at this point was  29 hours away.
I spend some 15 to 20 minutes 'thinking' about this,  considering writing an e mail to all and sundry at the office here saying, "No I'm not waking anybody up at 530 on Thanksgiving, I quit, good bye"
After due consideration  I made the call... and Bobby did not answer...voice mail. I left a message, then sent her a detailed email.
Somewhere during this holiday festivities I watched TWW 5:18 -22,  AND took a nap at my desk for an hour.
Out 6:05,   home 6:37
Talked to Merry, who had been woken up by Stitch, who was off work and home for the holiday, and decided that 6 a.m. was a good time to go into the back yard, right behind the bedroom, and move around and make a bunch of noise with empty soda cans.
I warmed up last night's stir-fry beef and rice, and we watched TRMS-Wed.  
8:00 sleep
10:00, 14:15, 15:30  up to pee.
17:06 alarm....snooze   up 17:15
Fed cats..showered   dressed ...   prepped
Kissed Merry  goodbye
Car 18:14,   at work  18:51

No rez-agents on duty, last one out left around 5 pm.
F left when I came in, leaving me with Thing1.
Very slow, ending the day with 39, starting next day with 35.

Thing1 asked to leave early...no problem...and he left at 9 pm.
And up popped another incident with one of BT's clients.
Her client in Abu Dhabi is Drake and entourage; this one involved Lil Wayne and HIS entourage, in Phoenix.
They had 2 suvs from some private plane to ....
One went to a private residence for dinner, the other, straight to a hotel.
The one that went to the hotel was released and done.
The other one waited, and then went to the hotel.  The driver assumed he was done, because nobody told him squat when he got out, which is typical of these groups.
The bodyguard (BG) called, saying he went outside of the hotel expecting to find the car, but he was gone, and the BG said, there was a change that the boys would be going out to the studio soon.
So I called the affiliate, and heard from the dispatcher that the driver had indeed left, thinking he was done,  and dropped the car at the company garage .... and had no desire to go back.
I called five other companies ...either a flat NO or voicemail then called the hotel, and found out they do have an onsite transportation service, if a guest comes to the front desk and requests it.
I spoke to the BG, and told him, no other SUV was possible, but if his crew wanted to go out, he could inquire at the front desk, and he was okay with that, as at this point (23:45) he did not really think they would be going out anyway.
Watched  TWW 5:22 (again), 6:01, started 02.



No comments:

Post a Comment