Monday, November 2, 2015

Oct. 25th, Sunday Diary A.D. 1

writer's note: this is being composed one week after the events took place....

Once we realized that 'playing' was out of the question, we decided to head home .  
She drove...
Arriving, I limped inside, went into BR1.
And watched  "Blunt Talk" season finale, followed by "Guardians of the Galaxy" ..animated.  
    to sleep  02:45.
6:45 I woke up to pee, and thought I'd see what was in the kitchen...
The pain was so much, I passed out or fainted in the kitchen.
I think I was conscious enough to catch myself from falling hard, but I do remember opening my eyes, flat on my back in the kitchen, and thinking about how cool it was there, and if I had a pillow, I could just stay there.
I managed to get up and get back in the bedroom.
I told a half awake Merry what happened, and She said, "I thought I heard some kinda thump in there."

More sleep...
Then up noonish, She served coffee and toast...
My ankle had swallen to base ball size.
We decided to go to a hospital, to at least get it xrayed.
I let DB aka 'supervisor' know that, me coming to work today was ... well, not happening...
and off we went.
In general, the hospital was a case of hurry up and wait..
But, not like I/we had anything else  to do.
We were at the same hospital that Merry's #2 was in, so during one waiting period, I sent Her off to go visit him.
I had brought both Sundays' papers, so I was prepared, but I was having trouble staying awake.

Around 1530, with a disc of x-rays in hand, and a splint on my ankle, and supplied with a pair of crutches, I was discharged.
We stopped at "In and Out" on the way home, because I had a ten dollar gift card, and I got a protein style burger (no bun) and fries and I don't remember, some soda.
I declined to eat in the car, like Merry does, and I waited til She was done.
We went home...
I went into BR1 and ate and read the papers, and watched tv, football, I think..
Nap   1700 to 20000
Dinner was leftover stir fry.
And we watched  CSI Cyber starting at 23:30 ....



No comments:

Post a Comment