Monday, February 29, 2016

29 February, Monday Diary

As nuts a night as I expected. That I had an associate working next to me through the night helped SO much.
There were slack periods followed by busy periods...but all the same, I had drivers calling 'clear' at 4:00, 5:00, 5:30.   
I was SO ready to get out...
I called Merry at 0530, She arrived..
6:14  out
6:17 in car with Sunshine driving.
  I asked her to avoid conversation with me, so I could lean back and close my eyes...
I woke up when we were exiting the 405 at Wardlow...way past our usual offramp.
She said, she fell asleep on the freeway, through our offramp and then some, so this is where we got off.
So she backtracked....
7:16 home.
I fed animals..
She started on MDM, by opening a can of beef stew and popping some gluten free bread in the toaster....
I added chips, and after she warmed up a couple large pretzels, we went to BR1 and  watched "The Circus"
She fell asleep, almost immediately thereafter... 
I started watching a movie that was in progress, "The Paper" from 1994.
It was 30 minutes in , and had 90 minutes to go...
I was intrigued... just because I've become so interested in these things that feature the behind-the-scenes doings of newpapers or tv shows since watching so much of "The Newsroom"
  but I saw, I could start it up 'on demand' anytime and watch the whole thing....
So enough of that, and to sleep  8:45.

Awake 13:30 pee, snack.
She was awake, told me, She might have to pick up #2, and take him to CoH.   
Back to bed..awake 16:00...asleep
17:30 alarm,  1745 up.
She wasn't home.
Stitch told me,  She had gone to "take #2 to the doctor and would be back  by 18:15."
That sounded strange.....
I busied myself changing the large bags that I tote to work.
She walked in with #2, around 18:00.
So Stitch got it wrong, again.
I finished that,  showered  and dressed...
Four of us in car 18:24
Work 19:16  IN 19:19.
The three of them went on to take #2 to CoH.
Then two of them went back to the house to pick up a blank check...that she might have picked up, when she was home earlier....but did not..
Then to HB to pick up #4, and bring him home.

Meanwhile at work..
Nuthin.  
The night ...tagged out. 
The morning... a flurry of add ons.  
One for 07:30 in Santa Barbara. I called an affiliate to get it covered, and took the guy off a ride he was doing...then I covered that ride.
Then res agent called, to cancel the ride in SBA, because it was a dupe of an existing ride we had, that had been assigned to a local affiliate there.
And my associate, KW  had LOOKED at the existing ride, 2 hours earlier, and might have noticed that the new ride was a duplicate.
But no.
Fucking idiot.
So I had to call the affiliate and cancel, leaving him with nothing, since I had already reassigned the job that he had.  

I hate this job, and having to depend on information I get from a bunch of morons.

23:30 Merry called, after a long evening/night of driving around, from home to south LB (pickup #2), home (pick up Stitch and me), my work,  CoH,  home, HB to pick up #4, then local pharmacy, and home.....   
    She started by saying that ... the door was left open, so DonnaDawg had been in our room...  making a major mess.
 I asked, rather sarcastically, if She wanted me to come home and 'take care of it'.
Well, no, she said. 
And I went on,  "Why tell me about it, or anything that I can't do a fucking damn thing about?  Wait until the morning, when we're on the way home, if you really want to tell me about it, I just don't want to hear about it right now."
With that, She said, "Good night," as did I.

Yes, I was ... cold, mean, things like that. I don't know why.   
I'm just ...generally unhappy.   

Five full days, no boot.

Okay, this settles it.  Never again.

2 comments:

  1. And it seems to have carried over through today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete