Tuesday, April 19, 2016

18 April, Monday Diary

at work:
Just to make my night interesting... not that I put in a special request for it, or anything:
 We sent out a vehicle to Palm Desert to pick up the company owner's son, who was attending the Coachella Festival.
Driver was heading back with the passengers ...starting about 01:00 and the vehicle was sideswiped by a swerving vehicle on I-10, outside of SBerdoo, around 02:00.   
 Well  ... he exchanged  pertinent info, and made it back to drop off his two passengers at home, then came into base.  
Meanwhile, watched The Newsroom  1:1, 2, 3, 4. 

6:20 Out
6:21 Walking to station...
      Saw Trump's start on the WoF on the way to the station
6:30 On platform   (balance  5.75 on my Tap card)
6:37 On board and rolling
6:53 off at 7th
6:55 On board the Blue
6:57 Rolling out
7:31 Arrived DA
 7:34  Called for Lyft on my phone app
7:43 Lyft arrived
7:50 Home.
Fed the animals.
Checked on Merry.  Based on her last text to me, she had gotten to sleep MAYBE a couple hours ago, so I left her alone
MDM  Heated up a can of chili  (well, I took it out of the can, and into a bowl first) plus raw onions... and chips, while reading Sunday's  USA Today
9:00 Getting into bed.
Merry woke up long enough to ask me, "How long you been home?"
"About an hour"
"Okay...."

11:30 Up ..to pee
15:00 Awake ..as it was seriously warming up in the bedroom
Asleep and awake, every 15 minutes.
 17:15  She came in to grab clothes and purse, saw my eyes open, and told me she was off to rescue Bullfrog, who had a flat on his bike.    Don't get me started how I feel about HIM and how I think he has taken advantage of us.
17:45 Up .... alka/s .... pill...
 In the shower, with a window that kinda looks outside, and realized the pool guy was supposed to come by today/this morning, after missing last Thursday, and 'we' forgot to unlock the back gate for him.
Ah well.
Merry returned home as I was drying and dressing.
I mentioned to her, forgetting the pool guy, and she gasped, and she called him, and left a message, apologizing (for not unlocking the back gate so he could get in).
In car, two of us, 18:20
Pool guy called back while we were rolling.
 She suggested, IF it happens in the future that the gate is locked, just call her phone: someone will be home to go unlock it. 
At work 19:08, in 19:10
It was KW's first day back to work after missing 5 work days due to the tragic death of his mother, and Merry went into the office to speak to him for a few minutes.

I settled in to work.
Not at all a busy night, but not a molasses-slow one, either.
SupervisorDB dropped by around 23:00 just to catch up on Dispatch payroll.  



Now that I'm taking the train home on a regular basis, this seems relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment