Tuesday, June 7, 2016

06 June Monday Diary

at work
The long night ended when the last flight my drivers were meeting landed at 02:30 ....and he dropped that client and brought the car back to base.
 Quiet morning.
Watched VEEP  5:1 2 3 4 5 6 and the new 7.

Morning dispatcher M came in, and I watched him , watching the newest ep of Game of Thrones.   
I haven't a clue what's going on in that show, and I really don't want to get caught up in it.

Out, in car 6:44
My route home entails the shortest way to get to the 101, which means, due east on Hollywood B.
I left the office, up one block, and turned right, east, onto Hollywood, and ran into the one block road closure as it was being set up for the night's premiere of "Warcraft".
I was directed south on Orange.  At Hawthorn, I had a choice of  EAST to Highland.... SOUTH to Sunset WEST to La Brea.
I went East, intending to turn left on Highland and rt on Hollywood.
I got to Highland and ... FML.
So much traffic on southbound Highland, it was like a mini-101 freeway.
I had a stop sign, and all I could do was wait and wait and wait  and wait.
Finally, the traffic was back up from Sunset, a block away, and people stopped with enough room for me to turn left in front of them, and a truck on northbound Highland stopped enough to let me in and onto Highland... and then I was able to get over one more lane and make the right turn on Hollywood.
Once settled onto Hollywood, with a few lights to the 101-S on ramp, I turned on the car radio to KNX.
Not loud...just background.
The 101 at this time, is usually speedway-fast where I get on, then comes to a slow/halt within a mile and stays that way for five miles up to the 110 interchange, then it opens wide, all the way into the SB-5, and so on to the SB-710.
I had just slid into a cruising lane to go all the way into the 5, and 'just' heard on the radio, ".... 3 lanes of traffic closed on SB-710 in Southgate..."
My eyes opened wide. Did I hear that right?
If I waited ten minutes for the next report, I might be too late to bail out to an alternate.
So I immediately moved over, to make the transition to the 110 SB.
I was on that transition,  when I heard the next report, about an officer-involved accident, and three lanes closed on the SB-710 around ImpHighway.
So I cruised along, hearing ongoing reports about that accident.
The SB-110 was not easy-peasy pedal-metal  but it was a pieco cake compared to what I might have been in.
Then I made the transition to the 91 EB, then off at LBB, and I was home at 07:36.
Inside,  I fed animals.
Saw Merry in bed, asleep, maskless.
I prepped MDM   leftover baked chicken from previous night, and wild rice, and warmed tortillas.
And watched the final two eps of Archer.
09:00 sleeping...

17:30 up.... Pill, shower, dress...    
She was up at her computer desk when I got up, but was back in bed when I was out of the shower, dressing, and 90% asleep when I kissed Her good-bye.

18:30 in car.
  I should try paying attention the Dodgers' schedule of night games because I think that has an adverse effect on my commute.
Followed by.... traffic getting close to the office,  because of the one block closure on Hollywood B, along with possibly the number of folks trying to get to that premiere.
Along with the number of cars cutting right in front of me,  as if THEY have the right of way, and I am supposed to yield,  while they are turning left in front of me.
AT work  19:33.

Lots of small fires to put out.  Best-laid plans getting pregnant.
My associate K was nearly useless.  He spent almost my entire time there on a personal phone call.
 He showed some value after our Rez Dept closed at 22:00, and he took many reservation calls during his last hour with me.
A busy time for me, with half dozen drivers clearing ...and checking in cars at base, between 23:30 and 00:30.

Otherwise I was bored...or depressed ... or bored...
Dunno what's wrong with me. Just ... dunno.






No comments:

Post a Comment