Tuesday, June 21, 2016

20 June Monday Diary

at work :
Watched VEEP 5:9,  and the movie Jurassic World, then The Newsroom 3:2.
AM dispatcher M had  come in, and I watched the new Game of Thrones, over his shoulder, with no idea of what was going, and unable to understand 2 out of every 3 words they say.  I could not watch that series consistently without using the closed captioning.
A couple of massive diarrhea attacks...at 5:30 and again just before leaving 6:45.   
Car 6:46   and home 7:29.
A quick run to the toilet, but not diarrhea like.  
Fed animals....  put my dinner (steak medallions n rice) in the microwave and started on leftover dishes.
Merry came out of the bedroom, saying that her elder cat, 'Sue' was annoyed that his bowl of dry food was overrun with ants.
She fixed that. I finished dishes, and took my dinner to the bedroom.
Nothing on tv I immediately wanted to watch...
So I ate, and went to sleep  ... 0900
Awake 11:00 feeling like  I was in an oven.
This was predicted to be the hottest day of the current heat wave/high pressure... and like, no shit.
I peed, and moved to BR2, which seems to stay consistently cooler ... or less hot... than any other room in the house.
After a while, Merry joined me. 
This bed is much smaller than ours.
So she lay kind of curled/fetal, but her feet where my head would be, and her head where my feet where.
I slept fitfully until 14:00.
Up to pee
Trying to sleep...
Then some alarm on her phone went off at 16:41.  Urrgh.
Stitch was due home anyway.   He would be just as or more tired n hot,  and I did not want to keep him out of his bedroom, so I got up and moved to the living room, and stretched out in my reclining chair.
And Merry sat at her desktop computer, and started playing music on her phone or on Youtube, enough that I had to ask her TWICE to turn it down, so I could rest until I had to get up for work.
I did get up, 1745...
Took my pill
Showered n dressed...
I went to the storage closet to get beverages to refill the fridge with, and spilled the smaller dog food container...
Then saw a large mass of ants crawling around...so I sprayed them..
Then got a broom and dustpan to clean up the spilled dry dog food....
Finally, kissed her  good bye, and out the door
Car 18:37
   Slow down on the 710 N at Imp Hiway..then fast moving again
On the 101...at a nearly dead stop...
On the 101 past the 5 split off, saw the five car pile up that had been moved to the right shoulder.
Once past that, zipped right along
19:33 at work

Working the Super-D again.   
But very little to do.  
The night work had been all-but-dispatched.
So far  78 for tomorrow.  Very low start, and not much a.m. tweaking to do.
A/C cranked up; sliding window, and doors, closed...
Ahhh yes.



2 comments: