Tuesday, June 14, 2016

13 June Monday Diary

at work

It was a bonkers morning.  After what happened  late Sat./early Sunday in Orlando, news agencies were scrambling around the area, and since we handle  CBS and Fox... well, it was bonkers.
My associate, Al, handled most of it,  but in the five minutes he went to the toilet, I fielded 3 calls, either from CBS or our Orlando affiliate.
Still managed to watched The Newsroom 2:1, VEEP 5:8, The Newsroom 2:2 & 3.
Out 6:30
Car 6:38, home 7:19.
Feed cats n dawg.
MDM:  pulled pork in rolled tortillas, baby carrots, chips,

and watched The Night Manager #3 (of 6).
Merry slept thorough it.
09:00 sleep

12:00 up to pee.
 Merry saw that I was awake, and said, she was preparing a journal assignment.
"You are WHAT?" I said,  somewhat defiantly.
Yeah, I bristled, as she noted in a forum on FL
Back to sleep, up to pee, back to sleep....
She came to bed around 4, saying she would get around 5, to go to some store for dry cat food, which we were flat out of.
We both got up at 17:45.
She hurriedly go tup n dressed n went to the car, and headed out.
I took pill, 
Showered n dressed....n prepped as she returned home with dry cat food and milk and tortilla chips.
I kissed her good bye, and went to the car.
I had turned on my Android phone, so I could glance at Waze n WWF and others ungettable on my Windows phone.
Waze suggested,   91 west to 110 N to 10 W to LaBrea.
Fuck that.
I looked at an email from Her, detailing the topic of Her journal entry request.
We shall see about that, depending on my mood and stress level over the next couple days.
18:32 rolling.
I went the way I always wanna go.  710 N/5 N/101 N.
Clear... right up to my offramp at SMB, which is where traffic began stopping.
I had time to stop at a 7-11 for e-cig filters and arrived at work 19:14.
The 'worst' at work was over.
A seven-car event that was planned to be at the UCB Theater on Sunset had cancelled altogether.  
My guess was ... out of respect for the events in Orlando, but I don't really know.
Not much else, just catching up.

23:30, Sunshine called:  "I went to take a shower and there was a big black bug in the tub and I had to get Daddy up to get the bug out... "
   Such is life with a 50-something year old woman who is sometimes a 7-year old girl ... and her grumpy ol' ex-husband ... and an overweight overly friendly pit bull and five cats who seem to be hungry ALL the time...  







No comments:

Post a Comment