Tuesday, May 10, 2016

09 May Monday Diary

at work:
Getting ready for the dispatch system shut down, scheduled for 04:00 to (they say... 06:00)
Printed manifests...
then watched The Newsroom 2:8, 9 and 3:1, 2, 3
AND Veep #3
Computer shutdown at 04:05
And the 'fun' began.
I sent a number of drivers 2 jobs, anticipating they would finish their first job while the computer was down, and I wouldn't be able to send their 2nd job electronically.

So 'J' acknowledged both jobs, then set her alarm based on an 'up' time for the 2nd job.   She sent her morning 'gm' email around 4:10. Her first job was 05:20, and I thought ..okay.  Then she called at 0445 in a panic, telling me she had set her alarm based on a first job at 6:45.  SO, I said, if you get to base by 5:05 you'll be okay for the 5:20. She did manage to get to base at 5:02, get a car, and get to location by 5:18, and then had to wait another 10 minutes for passenger.

Driver 'S' ...I did not hear from at all, uncharacteristically.  Her first job was 05:30. I started trying to call her via company device at 04:30, but it was off.  Without the system, I could not find her personal cell #, so I was stuck. At 5 a.m. another driver cleared, who had another job at 6:45, so I made the decision to send him to the 5:30, and then figure out the 6:45.   He made it to the 5:30 right on time, and was pob within a minute of his arrival.
Morning dispatcher came in...he had 'S's phone number stored in his cell. He called S...got voice mail, but she called back quickly and said her alarm did not go off.  Which means, she didn't actually activate it. I said, the 5:30 is covered, can you make it in to cover the open 6:45.  She said she could and she did.

Another driver was assigned a 6:00 job in the West valley that had two pickups before proceeding to LAX.   He only made one pickup, and we did not find out that he missed the 2nd pickup when the booker called, minutes before that driver was dropping off.
It was 6:45..we had another driver in position to get to the missed pickup in 15 minutes, but we were told, at this point, that person was in his own car and on his way.

We got the system back up around 6:45 and I stayed around another 20 minutes to help input the various changes we had to make during the meltdown. 

When I came into work in the evening, I heard about Calamity #4: i driver making a pickup on an inbound Qantas flight around 7:00 picked up the wrong clients.  Dunno how, but it has happened and probably will happen now and again.  OUR clients wound up taking a cab.

7:05 out
7:07 in car, heading home.
8:02 home.
Fed the animals... 
Said hello to a sleepy Merry.
Started on MDM:   leftover baked chicken which I chopped up, and put into warmed tortillas... 8 or 9 of those wraps.
Nothing on tv I really wanted to watch, so I ate while browsing through the dvr.
8:45 Sleep

14:15 up to U.
 From then  asleep, awake, asleep, awake.
17:40 awake and up.
Talked a bit with Merry.  
  About her latest altercation via FB with her miserable psycho bitch half sister
 And about my miserable  9-out-of-10 on the stress meter morning.
 UP...took pill... showered, dressed...packed....
Merry moved money onto my ATM card...
18:42 in car by myself...
  Stopped for a tank of gas
Didn't think I had a chance of getting to work anywhere close to on time, but at work  19:32.
Not a rough night at all, but not easy either.   
Started on e-cig filter #1 (of 2).



OHhhh    the fantasy:
http://wannabespankee.tumblr.com/post/144138295156/whippingmistress-may-be-some-people-enjoy-the

Dog versus cat:

P.S.
My butt hurts.
Sounds cute or funny, but it's not.
I mean INSIDE.
In between the cheeks.
Inside.
It hurts ..a little...not massively...but annoyingly...when I wipe with dry tissue.
It hurts less  when I use 'wet', like wet wipes, but it's noticeable.
I sometimes notice it...that is ..a twinge...when I'm just sitting still.
This has been going on for awhile...weeks?
I can emphatically declare that this is ONE reason for sure that I've turned down overtures and opportunities of getting spankings.
    Certainly a topic for future discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment