Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2.23 Monday, Diary

Off work, on an totally debilitating shift, 0630.
Headed home...
It's Monday, trash pickup day.  My route home takes me onto a one way street (east bound), on which experience taught me is the trash pickup truck is often getting started, and there's no way around it. 
I was in the left turn lane to get on this street, saw the truck, got out of the lane, and went straight ahead, passed the next one way street coming at me (west), to the next one way street heading east. I turned left, and turned left on the street that heads up towards my street...  and saw the fire trucks in the middle / right of the street, leaving just a slight gap on their left.  
I diverted by making a right turn, to find myself behind the trash truck, with no way out, and no room to pass.
After a few minutes, it had moved up enough, that I found a street to turn right onto, then another right, and I was again up  behind the fire trucks. SO, I moved up, waited for two, then three cars, to come around the trucks at me, and I managed to get around them.
Home, 7:22.
Stitch was home, having called out sick for the day.
When I walked in, he reported that he had fed all the animals.
I needed to clean out the insulated carrier that is my lunch box, and as I wiped it down, the pill box that I keep in the elastic cords on the lid fell off, hitting the floor, butter side down.  The compartments were starting to open, and I figured if I bent down and pushed it closed, the lids would close, keeping the pills from going all over the place. But Stitch dived onto it, and picked it up as it was, resulting in ALL the pills coming out.  I suggested, as calmly as I could, he get out of the way while I pick them all up.
Then he told me that the right-side kitchen sink was plugged, apparently from some fucking idiot cooking chopped beef, and pouring the grease down the drain.
I found some wire and manage to get the drain open somewhat, then told Stitch to start boiling water in the tea kettle, and pouring it down the drain...and repeat, a few times.
Then I went into the bedroom, and told Merry what a swell mood I was in at this point.
She referred me to the fridge in the bedroom, and I took out what looked like half a pork chop, and took it into the kitchen, and got a container of leftover rice n beans, and microwaved em together in a bowl, then sat down at the table, accompanied by a few dogs on the floor around me, to eat and read the paper.
I was in the bedroom, ready to go to sleep, by 08:00.

Up, around noon, to pee, and chow down some cookies.
Back to bed....

Awake around 16:00 with quite the piss hard on.
I stroked it a bit, thinking about going to see if Merry was busy, but by the time I stood up, it softened, and I just needed to urgently pee.
Then I got sidetracked by Merry asking, what was on the calendar upcoming, so I looked that up, then I started a whole new thing with my notebooks... my OCD with my notebooks is just off the charts.
I gave up on going back to sleep.
I had a disagreement with Merry about what car I was taking.
She was going to the 99c store, taking Stitch and Her car, and I said I would drive mine to work She said She would be back in time. I said I would drive mine.  ETC
Around 530 I got in the shower (after She got out...) and dried and dressed and made coffee.
She came home, and handed me Her car key.
..I SAID I was driving my own car!

Which I did, getting into it around 1832, and even with a stop at the 7-11 on Santa Monica  for a free Mark 10 e cig, and a free pack of two refills, courtesy of a coupon from MT, so I had to pay sales tax, I arrived at the office at 19.24

The night was nothing ...nothing...like the previous night, but still a pain because of ALL the phone calls from subcontractors.  

AND, MT told me, quietly, between her and me, and a few others she had to tell, that she has given two weeks notice to quit.
That she was going to work at the company that our previous manager, AN, went to ... as a customer service rep.

........siiiiiiiiigh....

Hours SLS   37
Hours SLO  37
Hours SLD  48
DAYS unl'd  92
DAYS slC    89
HER DO     NO

Note to self... approaching the end of the month, first of the month.
Must talk to Merry about ... renewing our FLR/Household agreement ... for one month.  Try to stick to it 'to the letter'. Just to see .. how it goes.




1 comment: