Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Aug 26

Up, 4 a.m.
Not feeling 100% but who the hell does at this hour?
We showered and packed and etc.... loaded up the car,  She checked out, and we were rolling, as planned, about 05:00.
I only made one wrong turn on the highways heading back to the airport,  but it only took us about 5 or 6 minutes out of our way....
Dropped the car at the Consolidated Rental Car lot,   got on the shuttle,  and to the terminal.

Check in was rapid...waiting for wheel chair service was not so. 
Eventually, I did the 'wheeling' myself, which was okay by me.
At the gate, on board by 0730 and UP by 0820.
An easy 3 1/2 hour flight in to our connecting city.... which meant,  only 4 hours until the final leg of our journey.
Enough time for some kinda lunch....
And a 90 minute nap for me, while at the gate.
On board 1325,  up 1350
 On the ground 1450 (local, gained an hour on the way...)
Wheel chair assistance to baggage.....  claimed our bags, and out to the shuttle to the long term parking lot...
And in my car by 1530.
One of the easiest drives I've had on the freeway that goes to Her house, and we arrived at 1645.

I was currently 'banned' from the house...   ( I just don't wanna talk about it)...   so I was there long enough to bring Her bags in,  urinate,  say hello to Cookie,  mix up some iced coffee from instant,  and hug Her good bye, and I was out of there by 1700.
Traffic heading into town was really  NOT BAD.... wow....and I arrived at my workplace at 1810.
I stuck my head into my office just long enough to see my manager's jaw drop and eyes bug out, as I told him, "I'll be napping in my car down in the garage...."  

I came back to the office, to start my shift...

Some time later, She text:  "I just woke up..."

We started chatting online,  mostly about the whacko woman who owns the house that She lives in.
M has shared with me the texts and posts that She has received from this nutjob. 
Yet She refuses to stand up to her, or even tell her, Her plans to move out.

And, I suggested something, or reminded Her of my suggestion....and She said, "I did not ask for your suggestion, I just want you to know how I feel."

Which brought a screeching halt to the chat, as I said something like, "Okay.   Gotta get back to work now. Talk to you tomorrow."  LOG OFF

Yes, my feelings were hurt, and I don't really know why.
I DO understand, most of the time, that when women express .... feelings, they are just venting, they just want to be ...heard.....   but when a man hears it, he thinks he is duty bound to 'fix' it.

But when I'm tired, especially THIS tired, I forget that, AND I'm simply more vulnerable,  like my 'shield' is down, and I'm more easily hurt.

A while late, She sent a text:  "I didn't meant to hurt you, I Love you and I fucked up..."

I let that sit for a few minutes anyway, before I responded by email,  that I didn't think She needed to apologize, that I was just being too sensitive from fatigue....

We continued our online chat, with much less  drama, until She went to bed.

Scorecard

Cigarettes       3
DSLO  40 1/2
D Un   17 1/2
H until TW  446 








No comments:

Post a Comment