Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Aug 5

Home 0630,  chores and dog walking,  and dinner...
Finished dinner, called Her at 0730...and we talked until She arrived home from taking R to work.

I managed to get through, and make an appointment to have my ears examined, in September.
Still trying to get blood test results from my GP, but they haven't called me back yet.

Asleep, around 10:30.

Awake, 1730.... dog walking.
She called 1800, to make sure I was up....
Shower... and dressed, and out.
Hollywood Bowl night AGAIN, but I used the Mulholland bypass that I'm not overly fond of, but it works, and I arrived at work at  1915 or so, and notified Her by text.

Text back:  "Great, on time!  Early!  You deserve a treat!  What would you like? No flipping coins!"

Ugh.   Have I mentioned my dislike for choices?

She even posted on my profile, in big red letters, "NO FLIPPING COINS!"

So I asked, "What's wrong with flipping coins?"

"Attitude... Instead of making a decision, when I ask you, you say, 'i'm gonna flip a coin',  I should not have to make a decison as to what makes you happy.  Why can't you pick out your own reward?"

"I don't like choices.  I don't want to choose tv or movie or restaurant...whatever. A real treat would be to not make a choice."

"And I would like to give you something that you would enjoy. Maybe offer me suggestions?"

That seemed reasonable, and I did offer suggestions, in a separate email.

I don't know if we have this whole 'choice' thing settled, but maybe now, She kind of understands where I'm coming from, on the subject.

She came online, and we chatted awhile,  figuring out some plans for this week and next....
Talking about combining insurance and other matters....
Then She went to sleep.

Scorecard:  
cigarettes ...   7
Days since O   19 1/4
Locked in     2 days, 7 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment