Monday, October 20, 2014

10.21 Journal: In answer to a question

She sent me the following in an e-mail, starting with a quote from one of my diary entries: 


"I've made noises to the effect that I was ready to pack up and move out (I don't think there was any real teeth to the threat but...)"

I was thinking about that today, and I'd like you to do something for me. I need a peek into your head, and, if you do so, and you desire, I will give you the same peek in mine.

Knowing me the way you do, understanding and Loving me, do you see a reason (a thing?) that you would walk out and leave? I'm not talking fantasy bullshit; I'm talking about something I would realistically do, given your knowledge at this time, that would cause you to leave me and never return.

Also, in turn, if I were to ask/tell you to stay, would you stay? Would you work things out, feeling it was the “right” thing to do?


She followed that with a request for me to answer Her questions, in the form of a blog entry.  

And here it is:

Is there something you could or would do, realistically, that could cause me to walk out the door, 'never' to return? 

In one word, NO.

Look... I do get angry at times... perhaps you've noticed.

And, more often than not, I hold it in. Bottle it up, without expressing it.  
Then, maybe, I'll get angry again, about something, and I'll bottle that up.
And it happens again.
And I hold grudges.... perhaps you've noticed.

Then it explodes, like a volcano, all coming out at once.

And maybe, at the peak of one of those eruptions, I'll declare that "I am leaving!"
But I don't really mean it.  
And yes, were you to ask me to stay, to talk about what's REALLY going on, I would stay.

I really do Love you!

And where the heck else am I ever going to find another woman like you that complements me so perfectly?

You are the Yin to my Yang, the Top to my bottom.

There's plenty you do that irks me, on many occasions.... 
And undoubtedly, you can say the same about me.

Because we are different, and have our differences.  
We can work them out,  or simply say, "We are different" and let it be.  

But none of the differences, nothing you can do that I know you are capable of doing is sufficient to cause me to walk out the door, determined to never return.







2 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful thing you have ever written.

    Even though there was no wrong answer, other than saying you wouldn't try to work things out, It proves to me how much you've changed. Your dedication to your service, your Love for me.

    I'm sure you know how I'd answer the questions, but feel free to ask.

    I Love you Shilo, my husband, my slave.

    ReplyDelete