Friday, February 14, 2014

02.13 Diary

Merry woke me up around 0200, to ask if I wanted a slice of the pie that She brought home, Tuesday night.
Groggily, I declined.

She woke me up around 0800.  She said, She had basically been awake all night, went to sleep around 06:30, and didn't see the sense in coming to my bed for such a short time.

We got up, fed the menagerie,  and were in the car, heading for a drs appointment of mine,  some 38 miles away.
We arrived fifteen minutes early, but were quickly showed in.
The Doc came in, asked how I was faring on the acid blocking med....... suggested I double up on it,and give it a month.... and we were out of there.

We stopped at a Gelson's, to buy another bath brush..... She's broken half a dozen of them across my bottom.
We found one..... with a very amusing small label on it :  "Gentle and Cruelty free".   Heh.

From there, we had another long drive, to the Kaiser that Merry had Her sleep study done, as the doctor we just left needed the documentation from that sleep study....
THAT only took a few minutes, once we arrived.
Then a short drive to the DMV there.... as I needed to get 'proof' of my change of address on my license for a job I was trying to get approved for.
Well...that was  two hours of waiting, followed by 30 seconds at the window, to give my story, and have the clerk 'stamp' my change of address card.
Then, to a Norm's for lunch.
Then, a long drive to a Petsmart for specific dog food, and not so specific cat food.
Then to a Target that we were passing on the way home, for a clock for the bathroom....
While we were inside, my best chess playing buddy, called, saying he would be passing through my town in a bit, was I available...?
Yes.
We went home.
She went along to the supermarket for fixins' for dinner; and I waited.
He arrived an hour later, and I gave him the tour.
Merry came home shortly after he arrived, and I introduced 'em.
Then we sat down at the table, and proceeded to play some 20 games of speed chess.
I won the majority, but he won many more than he ever has in the past, during such matches.
Whether he has gotten better, since he has been playing, or I was rusty from not playing for a long time.... well, it doesn't matter.
He left when our dinner was ready, about 20:30.
We invited him to stay, but he still had to get home, some 20 miles, and he had to get up around 3 a.m. for his first pick up at 3:45.

The three of us had dinner...without incident.
Merry excused herself for some computer stuff.
Stitch and I cleaned up the kitchen.
By the time we were done, Merry was off Her computer, and laying on Her bed, asleep.
I undressed, and went out, to the hot tub, for a long soak.
Then I came in, and had a hot shower.
Then I sat down to write all this.

HsLO   563
HsLS    87
HsLB    62 1/2
D UN   7.31.13

No comments:

Post a Comment