Sunday, January 26, 2014

01.25 NO WAY OUT ??

In response to a recent thread about slaves having, or rather, not having, the right to leave the relationship,
M posted the following:
 "Shilo has no out. Our only "out" is divorce, and the conditions we agreed to make it very unlikely that it would happen, and, even in the improbable event of divorce, I don't see it affecting his sense of duty to serving me."

This... bothers me.

I do not believe in 'absolutes' (other than, when having to do with Spirituality).

And, this is one of a few reasons that I am troubled by carrying the label 'slave'.
For me, 'slave' has connotations of  ...early to mid 19th century southern US with plantations... and, well, actual slaves.

I don't consider myself a 'slave',   but a male, submissive to my Wife, willing to do Her bidding at almost any time.  
  There are times when we have 'differences of opinions' on that.

We've kinda worked it out, that, rather than confuse....anybody and everybody else, She will continue to refer to me as 'slave' in public forums, or in public, amongst our kinky friends, but in private, She came up with the term 'slub'.

Back to my point?
I really think this applies to all (okay, almost all.... I still dislike absolutes...) folks in an M/s relationship, that is so-called permanent, THAT:

There IS a way out.   Probably more than just one.

The one I'm thinking of, is to simply say, "That's it, I'm done, I don't want to do this anymore."

Then, just walk away, drive away, don't come home, whatever it takes. 

However, it IS a matter of choice.
What I choose to do, and what I choose to do NOT.

As long as I choose to stay in the relationship, it exists... forever.

But, I still have the choice. 

It annoys me greatly for anybody to tell me, "You have no way out."

I smile weakly, and say, "If that is what you want to believe...."













1 comment:

  1. And you know deep inside that I have no hold on you other than my Love for you, and I don't see myself telling you that you are obligated, other than our marital obligations. Your "no way out" is that you have no control over my Love for you but you already knew that. I'm just as obligated, if not more obligated than you are. It could be argued that I have no way out, and I would agree with that. It's all a matter of perception.

    ReplyDelete