Sunday, August 31, 2014

Aug 27 Wed Diary

My manager arrived just before 9, and we stepped outside for a private chat, during which he told me, he was leaving the company, and the coming Saturday was his last day.
We talked a minute, I went back into the office, then signed off 0920, and waited for Merry.
Traffic was horrendous, She said, as  She arrived 0940.
We headed for the Valley. She had an 1l:00 Optometrist appointment, and we reckoned to get breakfast on the way.
The Diner we like to go to has specials that end at 10:00, and we weren't going to make that time, so we went to a Denny's instead.
That was good enough, in my opinion, then we headed to the Opt.
We arrived with no insurance card for Her as She had forgotten to bring Her small purse that contains Her wallet.  
They were willing to accept my insurance card, which has the same information on it.\
She was shown in; I waited outside, almost napping.
After a few minutes, She opened the door, and beckoned me to Her.
"If I let them dilate my eyes, and save us a trip back here, can you drive home?"
"Yeah, I suppose."
I went back to my chair, and after a few more minutes, She beckoned me, from the door, to come join Her in the examining room.
I did, and sat with Her. 
After the exam, the Doc pronounce Her eyes, for the most part, fine... just come back in a year to follow up.
Fine. We left the office.... I went to the driver's door; we got in, I drove us home.  
With a stop at the LB PO for a certified letter that had been waiting on us there, from the City of LB, which seemed official enough to have us worried.
We went in, and when i.d. was asked for to claim the letter.... well, I had left mine in the car, and had to go out and get it.
After all that, we got the letter... and looked at it...  something about, some division of some company that offers $2,000 grants for homeowners to make home improvements.  
Good grief.
Home...
A snack, and reading the newspaper, then bed ...Her bedroom 14:30.
Awake 20:30.
Dinner...  
Then I went into my bedroom, updating notebooks, figuring to watch something or other on tv. 
I found "Batman Begins", in progress, halfway through, and watched it.

HsLS  38
HsLo  208
HsLD  127
H UN  128

HER DO   NO


No comments:

Post a Comment