Tuesday, April 15, 2014

04.14 Diary

She called me, around midnight, to say that Her Lab was ..very suddenly...paralyzed in the back legs...could not walk or move.
I spoke to Her about it, then had my work associate, who has experience as a Vet/technician, talk to Her.
So I was set, on getting home in the morning, getting the 65-70 lb dog in Her car, and going to Her vet.

In my car 0640.  Had to stop for gas.
LOTS of traffic in my direction.
And... exited the freeway "North" instead of "South"  ...and had to make an inconvenient u turn.

Home, 0735.  I went inside, and found Her laying on the floor next to Fi, keeping her calm. I relieved Her of the position, so She could get up and dressed.
Once ready,  we wrapped Fi in a blanket, and I picked her up, and we went to Her car, and I got her in the back seat, and off we went.
She had called in, and got an 0830 appointment.  We arrived at like  08:30:30.
We did not have to wait long, before being taken into an examining room.
The tech took preliminary date, then the Vet came in, and we talked about it,  then said we could go out to the main room (more comfortable?) while they took Fi in for x-rays.

He called us back in...
And said, "Not... good.   Looks like a herniated disc."
And something like, "..... thousands of dollars...      might not even work...."

Oh ...no.

She made the very hard decision...
And requested Fi to be ... put to rest... right then.

And... we went home.
At times, in silence; at times, in tears.

Home...
I fed the ...animals....,  heated up, and ate dinner while reading the newspaper...
And sat down on my easy chair to start my sleep...at 11:45.
Around 1300,  I got up, and moved into El.

My alarm went off at 1715, I was up at 1725.
Toilet...shower, dress, toilet...
Took pix of kittens and of Cookie, to send to a friend...
And I said good-bye to Her, while I handed Her a card, for our seven-month anniversary...
In my car, 1845,  and at work  19:38.

Passover began at sundown.
Very quiet at work....

Fiona ...

  we miss you.
        we will always love you.
             R.I.P,  Mamma's Beloved Girl

   

    





No comments:

Post a Comment