Sunday, April 20, 2014

04.16 Diary

Off work  0930 and ..away!
On the way home, I stopped by HD, as I had a fixation on acquiring a certain kind of paint-stirring paddle that I had seen in an Impact Play class...  and replacing the string-edger that we bought a month prior, on which I think I burned out the motor.
The store did not carry the type of paint-stirring stick I was looking for, so instead, I acquired a couple of wooden yardsticks, with a different 'device' in mind for it... along with another edger...
And I went home, checked on the animals...  and called Her...while She was at work, and She wanted me to come and meet Her there, to catch up on paperwork.
And I went....
And arrived,  and sat with Daddy W, who signed all the timesheets I had, and I filled in the times on them.... dating back to last mid-December, and prepared them for mailing.
Once done, I made my way out....  went down the road to the mailbox drop that was recommended to me.... then continued on surface streets all the way home in search of a Chev. gas station....   and found one...and put some gas in my car...then went on up the road, sidetracking slightly to take a picture of a beauty shop that had the same name as the company I took for, which seemed amusing....
And went on home, where She had arrived before me, and was a bit puzzled by that, but was okay after I explained my delay.
I put together the string edger  (not a big deal, that)...  got the extension cords out....  and went to it,
until I had whipped the entire front yard,  and the sidewalk area outside of our fenced yard.

More than a little muscle-sore and tired and hot.... I persevered, beginning work on the yardstick project I had in mind.
I had started the project earlier, by gluing two yardsticks together to create one 'thicker' one.
Here I began with grinding down six inches of one end, to create the sense of a skinnier and easier to hold handle, which I then wrapped up in electrical tape.
And I drilled holes down about 18" of the length of it,  in order to lessen wind resistance as it is swung.
That accomplished...
I saw no point in taking a shower, soaking in the hot tub, then taking another shower,  so I stripped down in preparation for going into the hot tub.
She came out to join me, and suggested hosing me down a bit, to get most of the dust and grass debris off of me, before I got it.
Receiving a cold water hosing was not something for which I leaped at the opportunity, but it I had to agree, it was a good idea....
That ...done,  we got in the tub....  and soaked for awhile and talked.
Then up and out....and off to the shower....
She put together dinner,    ham hocks and black eyed peas....  and I moved on into El.

I watched the first ep of "Fargo" and was out, asleep by 2300 or so.
I'm sure She joined me at some point, but I don't remember much about it.

HsLS  79
HsLO 206
HsLB  38
Days Un 113

From The Ten Commandments:
  I will listen to Her attentively whenever She speaks to me. 

From My Manifest:
  I will not discuss Her health with ANYone else... without Her express permission.








No comments:

Post a Comment