Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6.02 Diary

Out from work 6:35
Home,  7:23.   Man, wouldn't it be nice if every morning was like Monday morning traffic....

Fed the animals,  picked up a mess of pens that my most strong-willed cat knocked off a dresser because it was in the way of where She wanted to nap...  undressed, went to the bathroom,  wondered why the door was closed.  She was still in bed, our younger boarder was not home...  I opened it, to see Stitch just getting up off the toilet.
  Honestly, I have to start a chart or something, as it seems like,  fifty percent of the time that I try to get into the bathroom, he is on the toilet.
  I realized, that is selective memory.   mumble grumble  
He came out, I went in and showered... and dried  and dressed, and went into the bedroom.
She was awake enough to tell me to close the door.
And She invited me into bed.
And I said, "I know this is your bed, but it is also the one that Stitch sleeps in, with you, and I am not going to get into this bed with you while he is at home."
"How about for five minutes...?"
"Ooookay..."
And ... She talked.  About financial worries.  About me, and my lies (about smoking, or saying I have not smoked, when I really have...).
"It's been 15 minutes."
"Go! Go! GO!"
I got up and went.
To the kitchen, started on my dinner, and after a bit, She came in, to start Her breakfast.
I ate, I read the paper,  I went to bed.

Around 1330, I woke up, needing to pee, and craving chocolate.
I peed, devoured the chocolate that I brought home that morning, and went back to my room, and began fiddling with my pens and refills.

 Fine writing instruments or the collecting thereof, has been a passion, a compulsion, and obsession of mine since I was ... 11?
I remember 6th grade, being loaned a 99c Sheaffer fountain pen to try,  and later buying one, followed by a matching mechanical pencil.
I remember, in 7th grade, at a time I worked at an A&W-style drive-in hamburger stand, making about  85c an hour, at the time, and if I worked 21 hours a week, it was a big week for me...   and I paid five dollars for a Parker brushed stainless steel slim line ball point pen.
And a couple years later, purchasing the same model in 12carat rolled gold for eight dollars and fifty cents, and then later, the same model in sterling silver for twelve dollars.
I'm at work, with eight pens on the desk in front of me....

 Anyway, my OCD often manifests in .... fiddling with my pen and refill collection, and that was what I was doing, when She arrived home from work,  1500ish.
And She came into my room, and opened a padded envelope that arrived in today's mail, and She showed me ... the new chain and pendant that She had ordered, for me, to mark the one year anniversary of our very first day, which was June 1.
Then She put it away, and told me, when I'm ready... I can ask Her for it, and She will give it to me.

So, back to sleep 1545.
Alarm off, 1745. After two snoozes, up at 1800.
And shower and dress, etc.
She was napping in Her easy chair when I came out of the shower.
I kissed Her goodbye, and departed.

And wouldn't it be nice if traffic going TO work was always as easy as it is on Monday night.

At work 19:25.

And a quiet night.

HsLS  134
HsLO  504
HsLD  253
H UN  539
Her DO  No
Did I offer   No

I'm not adding the usual quotes.
Just not in the mood.








No comments:

Post a Comment