Monday, July 13, 2015

7.09 Thursday Diary

03:00 up by alarm...
Showered,dressed, toilet... packing
03:30 Merry up, to my surprise...She set an alarm too.
Online, to get itineraries emailed to Her and me.
Boiled water for instant coffee.
Finished packing.
Stuff to car.
Put my tall top-heavy coffee mug on top of car. Put bags in car, at which time coffee mug tipped off top of car, and spilled, and main body of cup rolled directly underneath car.
Got on my knees to look for it...She had to move forward for me to find it.
We headed out, with Her driving, to a 7-11.
That's when I noticed my 'cheater' glasses were no longer in my shirt pocket.  
Rather than turn around, I knew I had a spare in my carry-on bag.
At 7-11, I bought refill filters for my e-cig, as I was pretty sure the one attached to my e-cig was about 'done'.
Leaving the 7-11, I realized I no longer had the e-cig; it was in the same pocket as my glasses, both of which had fallen out when I was looking for the damn coffee cup.
So, we thought I'd find a new one on the way.
I looked up "7-11" on Google, and found one listed as not far from the airport.
We drove by the address, northbound, then south bound. It wasn't there.  I told Merry, 'Screw it, to the airport!'
But not in time, She missed the turn, so we had to go way south past the airport, to turn around and come back.
What a start....
I told Her to drop me Lower/arrival level, as nobody would be there at this hour, and I could get the stairs or escalator going up.
Not only was nobody there, but the lanes were closed to get to the terminal during construction.  Merry cut through the cones indicating 'lane closed' to let me out.
At 0440, I kissed and hugged Her, good bye, and headed inside.
Up the stairs...
Short security line.  
At the check point where they look at boarding pass and ID, I somehow handed the guard, my boarding pass for the plane change in Houston,  and she handed it back, asking for my LA boarding pass, which was still in my bag.
Through security 0500.
I went around looking for newspapers....  WSJ, NYT, USA-Today...  Gave up on getting a hot coffee, lines just too long, and bought a cold bottled Starbucks.  
I was in the "B" boarding group, mid pack.
On board 0540; I got a window seat.  
Thought I might get lucky with an empty seat between me and the person on the aisle, until a b.... family of what seemed like parents and 12 kids boarded last.   
Well, I guess the plane was destined to be full, anyway.
We pulled out 0600, up 0615.....
I did a lot of newspaper-reading, with the tiniest of naps..until
1055, on the ground HOU, 1057 stopped, and 1103 inside the terminal.
1130, spoke to Dad, who told me that T, a friend of the family almost as long as I've been alive, would be picking me up, while he was helping get Mom from rehab in the main hospital, over to hospice.
Then I spoke to Merry...and I sat and read, and waited for the 13:00 departure.
At 13:00, 'they' announced, delayed until 14:00.
At 14:00, 'they' announced, delayed until 15:00.
at 14:45, I saw a plane land, and come into our departure gate...a good sign.
By 15:00 we were boarding...
UP 15:25  I napped for the short flight into MSY.
16:10 on the ground, 16:15 at the gate,  1625 in the terminal.
I stopped to pee on the way out,  
Then met T, who was waiting just beyond security.
We walked on out to the curb, and waved at her boyfriend, R,  to come forward with the car.
And we were on the way to Gulfport.
We wound up on the coast hiway, which meant driving through "Long Beach" which was kinda surreal.
We arrived at the hospice, 18:30, with Dad meeting us outside in the parking area.
We went on it, and I said 'hello' to Mom, who was in the hospital bed, and she seemed cogent and glad to see me.
T and R said their good-byes.
Dad and I hung around awhile...until Mom seemed completely 'out',  as she had been given an Ativan much earlier to subdue a panic attack.
We left at 20:30.
In search of food...
At first we decided on Wendy's...  but we were in the same parking lot as a Denny's, and went there instead.
I had a plate with potatoes and sausage and eggs, AND a gluten-free English muffin....  
This Denny's was connected to a 'Flying J' gas station, and on a whim, I decided to go check out things behind the counter, and spotted my brand of e-cig, so I bought one...after going to the car to retrieve my wallet.  When I'm with Dad, he tries to pay for EVERYthing, but I refuse to let him pay for my nicotine habits, whether it's via e-cig, or in years-past-prior visits, real cigarettes.
And we headed on home.
He asked that I not sleep on the double bed (that Merry and I shared, during our last two visits) because Mom's sister Bee was coming in on Sunday (I KNOW he said Sunday, but .... ) and I had no intention of trying to sleep on that bed anyway.
He suggest a twin bed in the other spare bedroom, but I declined, saying it was just as hard/firm as the double.
He offered the twin bed in the master bedroom that Mom used to sleep in, and I though about it for a minute, before I remembered and reminded him, "No I'm not sleeping in the same room as you, yo snoring sounds like a chainsaw."
I wound up on the couch, the same couch I slept on, three years prior. No problem.
I called Merry, who, as it turned out, was in a WSoJ meeting, to say 'Good night' and I was OUT  ...  22:15.

H sl S  174
H sl O  174
H slFun4me  176
H slFun4Her  176
D UN  101 1/2
H sHerL O  174
D sl CI  225
D g-F  50 1/2
D s H l D  3 1/2
D s l MorP  12



I wanna do this, but we should have a camera operator.
I DOUBT that I'd be showing any 'wood', and I doubt that Merry would do it while naked,  but putting aside THOSE details, I'm all for it.



Just under three minutes.
Woman, naked man, prone face down on bed....tawse and cane.


naked on bed, strap and cane

3 comments: