Monday, July 27, 2015

07.24 Friday Diary The Funeral

06:15 Up, showered, half-dressed,  got some coffee,  finished dressing in suit and tie, while She dressed in a navy blue dress.

09:00 Piled into two cars, to go to the funeral home.
My only nephew, from my only/late brother, Jase was there, along with his mother (one of my brother's ex wives), Vee. 
Another cousin on Mom's side, Shari, arrived shortly before service started.
There was a bunch of my parents' friends,  whether from bridge, or golf, or Friday night ballroom dancing.
Service was from 10 to 11.
Carole sat to Dad's left, I sat to his right, with Merry on my right.
Dad cried. 
I had tears down my face.
After service, lunch in the dining area.
Subway sandwiches and a fruit platter.
I had no interest in the fruit, and Merry was allergic to some of it, and the way it was presented made cross contamination possible, so she would not eat that.
We split up sandwiches.  She ate bread and meat, and I took the meat and toppings of sandwiches and ate it without bread.
We talked ....
And loaded up the cars with flowers from the service, and leftover sandwich and fruit platters.
And returned to Dad's house.
And unloaded.
And many of us partook of beer, again.
And we talked, in the living room or kitchen.
Merry and I went in for a nap, around 16:00.
It was then that it hit me and I asked aloud, "Is beer gluten-free?"-
"I would think not," She said. 
Oh boy.  That was the last of my beer drinking.
My alarm was sit for 6:15, so I could check in with Southwest, 24 hours before departure, which I did, on my phone.
And I went back out to join the conversation, as did Merry a bit later.
And we ate again, leftover sandwiches.
People either left, or trickled off to bed.
After some false starts, I figured out how the cable system  on Dad's tv worked, and found the on demand system,  and Merry and I watched "Proof" from 7.14
And went to bed,   2315.

sl Sx           191  H
sl Or           191 H
sl Fun/me     62 H
sl Fun/Her    62 H
UN               62 H
sH l DO       87 H
sl CI           240 D
Gluten free    0
S H l Date  10.5 D
sl M or P    10+ D




No comments:

Post a Comment